October 2, 2007

Can You Believe It?!

My god, it's October. Can you believe it? I sure can't. Time has been flying by like nothing else and my "little" baby will be 10 months old tomorrow. We are so close to one year it's scary! He is officially crawling, and crawling all over the place. So much for the days when I could attempt to multi-task in the afternoons. Not so much anymore. Once he started moving around more, he's been trying to pull up on things. He only gets to about his knees before he gives up. It won't be long though.


We had quite a busy weekend. We did the pumpkin patch/petting zoo extravaganza on Saturday with my mom and Karen. Kate, Austin and Lydia came with. It was a good time, but a little cool out for the little ones. Austin seemed to have a blast feeding the sheep and goats. We all picked out pumpkins and squash and headed home after a few hours.

Dave and I had dinner at some friends of ours on Saturday night. They are the ones who had a baby just a few days before Kate. I made fruit salad and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. We had a good time, and left around 9:00 when Carson started getting crabby.


Dave got up at 3:00AM on Sunday morning to go duck hunting with Kate's husband Erik. Dave shot 2 ducks and now I've got some duck meat I have to try and cook...does anyone know how to prepare duck? I'm open to trying it but I need to know how to cook it so I'm not scared of it! Haha. Dave got home around 10:30 and the rest of Sunday was a lazy bones day. Our prediction for the Vikings: 1-15 Don't lie, you all have thought it too!


Ok...here's a little awesome thing I discovered: Tank Goodness http://www.tankgoodness.com/ Honestly the BEST cookies I have ever had in my life. Plus they're this adorable little Minnesota couple who work out of their home to deliver fresh baked cookies. Can it get better than that? One of my bosses ordered from them last week and offered me a cookie. I even ate it after it was cooled off and it was the best cookie of my life. I attempted to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies this weekend hoping to get something that tasted sorta the same...it didn't work. So, now I need an excuse to order more! Anyone have any ideas?!


Carson and I went on a walk with a gal that I used to work with years ago. She lives about 15 minutes from us but takes her dogs for walks in the off-leash parks in St. Michael and Otsego. So Carson and I tagged along and we spent about an hour walking in the woods and had a great time. Carson got quite a few random doggy kisses from people passing by. Every one's dogs were really friendly which I was glad about. It's always kind of nerve wracking when a random dog approaches your baby! After our walk I stopped at a nursery in St. Michael and bought 50 tulip bulbs to plant this week so we have some fun flowers in the spring. The only problem is the directions don't specify which end is up...so I've got a little research to do so I don't plant them upside down! Haha...I would totally be the one to do that too!


Well I'm really swamped at work today and should be doing some work right now so I'm going to do that instead of rambling on and on!

No comments: