October 23, 2007

Suck It Ebay

This is purely a rant...

I hate Ebay. I've bought things before and that's all fine and dandy but I thought, hey why don't I sell something? I could probably get a few dollars for some of this stuff around the house that we don't use anymore. I posted something up for sale and it actually got quite a few bids and closed out at $97.00 WAY more than I thought I would get which was awesome. So about 15 minutes after I generated the invoice I get an email from the "buyer" stating:

"I would like to send this to my business partner in Nigeria, I will pay an additional $50.00 in shipping"

Immediately I think awwww FUDGE. So a few minutes after that I get an email from Ebay saying sorry because the "buyer's" account had been accessed fraudulently. Damn, so if I want to sell my item, I have to go through all the work to re-list it. Then this morning I get an email from "PayPal" saying that the transaction for $147.00 from the seller had been approved and to ship the item immediately and once they have confirmation of shipping, they will credit my account with the $147.00. My BS meter was going off for sure but dang, this email looked so real it was scary. So I called PayPal (the real PayPal) and verified that it was indeed a bogus email. I forwarded it to their fraud department and received some information back on what type of scam it was and whatever.

Ok so I have a hard time with wanting to try again. It's like you wait for 5 or 7 days for the item to sell only to find out that people are just trying to scam everyone. I'm sure it doesn't happen very often but what a pain in my hinder...I'm changing all my passwords trying to make sure that they don't have any personal information on me. It's scary.

Whatever Ebay.

\Rant

No comments: