October 9, 2007

Suzie Homemaker

Dave and I have been watching that documentary by Ken Burns The War OMG is it awesome!? It's 7 "episodes" each lasting 2 to 2 1/2 hours long. It's so hard to start watching one and not finish. It's just been fascinating. We DVRd them so we can watch when we want since most have been on during prime time and we can't skip The Office! But I've really enjoyed watching and it really gives me a greater appreciation for history in general. It's very well done and highly recommended.

We had a great time at Jack's birthday party on Sunday!! Hopefully Jack enjoyed it too. Neil made an awesome cake...it was a big hit. Angie, I have more pictures for you and will email them. The pictures of the cake turned out great!I used my awesome food processor this weekend. That thing rocks so hard it’s not even funny. I sliced a cucumber and seriously it made the thinnest awesomest slices ever. It was almost ridiculous because the one cucumber made like 1,000 slices but they still tasted fantastic and the cucumber lasted a little longer than it normally does. Usually Dave and I can whip through a cucumber in about 10 minutes. Haha!

I also used the processor for mashing bananas to make some banana bread. I haven’t made bread in YEARS and I was a little nervous but it turned out really good. I had 4 bananas and only used 2 for the one loaf so I made another to send home with my mom. I hope that one turned out as good as ours. Funny story, the “best if used by” date on my baking powder was 3/2001 hahahahahahaha. I can’t believe I still have that. I guess I’m going to have to buy some more. I think I noticed only a little issue using it, the 2nd loaf of bread didn’t rise as much but the first did just fine so I’m not sure if the baking powder is to blame or not. I also made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies this weekend (wow I sound like a Suzie Homemaker!) the last batch I made I decided that using Country Crock instead of butter or shortening wouldn’t make *that* much of a difference. OMG it makes a difference. Haha. The first batch tasted just fine but the cookies were really like flimsy almost and then the batch I made this weekend were perfection! Yeah Baby…no more Country Crock! Well, except for on a slice of banana bread…Heavenly!

My friend Kate used one of the pictures that I took of Lydia for her Thank-you cards! How awesome is that!? Totally exciting. I’m a little bummed with the fall colors so far this year…I was hoping to get out and take some pictures but I haven’t seen anything worth taking. The dull brown/yellow just doesn’t do it for me. We’re going up to the cabin this weekend to watch the Vikings game with my parents so maybe there will be some good picture opportunities there.

And just thought I should mention that HELLS YEAH the Wild are 2-0. I'll leave you you with a few pics of Carson!

No comments: