October 17, 2007

Real Sudafed

I’m wondering if anybody knows how many times you’re allowed to buy “real” Sudafed before the police are at your door looking for a meth lab…? Haha. I bought a box the other day and I felt like the pharmacist was judging me. I can’t help it that I’m sniffly this time of year, and Sudafed happens to be one of the medications that works the best for me and doesn’t make me sleepy. If I take Benadryl, I’ll be out in about 15 minutes. That doesn’t make me a very good worker.

A rep from our builder was out at our house this morning. We got a letter as it approached 1 year in the house asking if anything needed to be fixed. We only had about 3 things to put on the list but sure enough, they came right out and took care of it. Our front door wouldn’t latch without the deadbolt being locked so now we can actually make use of our front door. That will be nice!

I can’t believe that Halloween is sneaking up on us. People keep asking if I’m going to take Carson trick-or-treating and I usually look at them like they’re insane. I’m not going to lug my heavy kid around and get candy that he can’t even eat and spend an evening he won’t remember. He’s just too little to get into it yet. I’ll most likely send him to daycare all dressed up because that’s fun but no trick-or-treating…I’m excited to hand out candy though. I’ve already got my stash!

My friend Erica came over last night with her little one. I can’t believe both Lydia and Gabs are 4 weeks old now! Time sure does fly. I lent her the swing that I had bought for Carson since they didn’t get one as a gift and gave her my most valuable paperwork on “preventing sleep problems”. I got it from my doctor when Carson was 4 weeks old and it gave me such good information on how to at least *start* a routine. It worked really well and Carson is an awesome sleeper so hopefully it will help them out too.

I’d like to try and set up a small photography studio in the basement. I’ve looked around and you can find a TON of props and backgrounds on Ebay. I have the good camera already, the only other thing I would really need is one of those umbrella flashes. My camera is equipped to hook up to one and I’ve read in my photography books that it can cost about $250.00. That’s really the most important piece. To get good lighting in the house, we have to be right near a window and it always looks like we’re taking pictures in the kitchen or living room. This would eliminate all of that and give me a chance to really practice. It’s something to save up for anyways. I also need a telephoto lens for the camera…another $250.00 GAH! But that’s one that can wait at least for a little bit.

Did I mention to anyone that my windshield wiper flew off my car the other day? It was pouring down rain and I was on 94 heading into work, you know driving like 70 and the passenger side windshield wiper just flew right off. I’m sure it like hit some car behind me or something. I called Dave, laughing so hard I was nearly crying and just kept driving into work. I had to keep using my wipers though because it was raining so now I’ve got some pretty nice scratches on that side of my windshield from the metal arm that holds the wiper on. I had to wrap a paper-towel around the metal arm and then rubber band one of Carson’s socks over it to keep it from scratching my windshield until I can get into the store to buy a new one. And of course, every time I run into Target I totally forget. So that’s my story. Haha!

No comments: