September 17, 2007

Welcome Little Ones

What a crazy past few days! I haven’t been around to update I’m afraid…But I am back in the swing of things now.

Wednesday the 12th, our friends Erica and Brent welcomed Gabriella. She was a healthy 8lbs 3oz. They came home on Friday and are doing well. I went to visit on Thursday and Erica looked AMAZING and little Gabriella was just beautiful. She has a ton of character in her face which I just love!

Friday the 14th, Kate and Erik welcomed Lydia. I had the extreme honor of being in the delivery room with Kate and Erik. I must say, that was just one of the most amazing experiences I’ve ever had. It’s such a different deal when you’re not the one giving birth! Lydia weighed in at an unbelievable 10lbs!! Kate is truly my hero. We all knew she was going to have a big baby but I’m still in awe over how big exactly! If Austin doesn’t watch out, his little sister will be catching up before he knows it.

We had Jessica over on Sunday afternoon to watch a dismal Vikings performance. She made Carson an awesome blanket with some fleece that we were given as a gift. It turned out so great. THANKS JESS! My mom also came over and dropped off some wonderful things from Karen, Brian and Ben. Carson was given a 4-wheeler thing to ride on once he gets a little bigger. You know one of those things that you always wanted as a kid (BARBIE JEEP) but they were sooo much more expensive back in the day. He’s just going to have a ball with that and I’m so excited for him to be able to ride it! We also got a little wooden table and chairs, perfect height for coloring. He’ll be using them before we all know it!

I’m really excited about this!! I get to take pictures of Dave’s younger brother that he will hopefully be able to use for his senior pictures!! I can’t wait. What wonderful experience. I’m just honored that Dave’s mom asked me. It really means a lot to me, because as I stated before I’m really hoping that I’ll be able to pick up photography. Now I just need some location ideas. GAH, and it’s almost leaf-changing time!! I just can’t wait!

Well, I missed Friday at work, so I should probably be doing some catch-up instead of updating. But I just can’t help it…I’m just so excited about everything right now. And with permission, I present Lydia Joan:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New babies are wonderful! Two new little girls to add to Carson's fan club. I can't wait to meet them.