September 12, 2007

Socks Make Happy Babies

...at least at my house they sure do! So far this week has been a little trying. With such a generally happy baby, teething can literally make a monster! One of Carson's top teeth is *thiiiisclose* to coming through. Hopefully it's not much longer.
I have two girlfriends who are due to have babies this week. Most of you know Kate, she was due on Monday and our other friend Erica, who is due today. Erica is being induced today and I've been on the edge of my seat just dying to hear back from her. Both Kate and Erica are having girls so Carson will have some potential girlfriends in a few years! I think it will just be nice to have close friends who have babies too. Kate has a 4 year old but it's not exactly the same anymore as he is pretty independent. I'm so excited for them both! And now I don't have to be in BabyLand by myself!

Yesterday I got in a fight with our cable company. When we first moved into our house last year, they weren't offering phone service, just internet and cable. Now that they offer phones we have decided to switch providers to save money by "bundling". I just don't know why it has to be such an ordeal to get the techs out to your house. Why does it always seem that something goes wrong?

Our appt was originally scheduled for Tues between 1:00-5:00PM *eyeroll*, so I need to take a 1/2 day from work. When the guy shows up, he has only come to install the phones, not the DVR (like TiVo) that also comes with our upgrade. He tells me I will need to schedule another time for someone to come out. I said that is really not ideal as I don't work anywhere near home and I had asked them to do both installs at the same time. I called customer service and they assured me that another tech would come out the same day before 5:00PM. I had to pick Carson up at daycare before 4:30 so I called Charter back to make sure I wouldn't miss the tech while I stepped away for 15 minutes...well it turns out that they never put in the order for someone to come back!! I was very upset and I think the poor guy could tell. He assured me someone would be out before 6:00. The tech did eventually show up but I still had to sit on the phone with Charter customer service for almost another hour that night because the new box wasn't working correctly.

I'm getting all riled up just writing about it!! Haha! Well, at least it's all taken care of now. I really like the DVR and it will come in handy for Dave since he works such late nights. Now we can record The Office and watch it together instead of me trying to fill him in on Pam and Jim

I've got a hungry baby so I'm off for the evening!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you get that sweater for him??? He looks absolutely adorable, even if he is crabby!! I hope to see him this weekend and now Im not sick so I can love him up!!!

Amie and Carson said...

Angie, Neil and Jack gave us that sweater last year for Christmas! :)

Anonymous said...

Talk about adorable! I can't believe how cute he is. I'm glad I got to snuggle with Carson this past weekend. He's such a good baby. I can't believe he'll be 10 months old soon! Double digits.