Saturday morning Carson and I went to run some errands only to find that my car wouldn't start. I drove Dave's car to the new auto place down the road to ask if they were a full service mechanic and if they could get my car there for me. They were and they could. But they couldn't look at my car until Monday. So getting to work on Monday would require some creativity on our part.
By mid-afternoon, my arm was hurting way worse than I thought it should. I could hardly raise it up and could just tell this wasn't right. I called my dr's office and my actual physician was the weekend on-call doctor so she called me back and said that without seeing it, she couldn't really tell what was going on. Only the injection site was actually red so she told me to ice it and load up on the advil and see urgent care if it didn't improve.
We had Erica, Brent, Gabriella, Kate, Austin and Lydia over on Saturday night for lasagna. We had a full house!! It was fun to compare Gabs and Lydia since they are just 2 days apart. Carson ate for about 3 hours straight between his dinner and ours. Haha, he also got to stay up late and play with Austin which was fun for him.
By Sunday my red around the injection site had gone away but turned into two small splotches. I thought it was improving but the pain was still quite severe. By this point I could hardly move my arm at all, let alone put on or take off a shirt without help, or do my hair and even holding Carson was a tough skill. Not only did it hurt to use my arm but it hurt to touch it as well. Carson happens to hold on when you're carrying him and he holds on right where it hurt the most. I slept almost all day and just generally didn't feel very well. I ended up going into urgent care on Sunday evening.
Urgent care thought that it was an infection. All of the pharmacies were closed so I was sent home with samples and instructions to follow up with my doctor on Monday. Monday morning I also found out that my fuel pump went out on my car with an estimate of $750.00 plus the cost to tow *cue tears*.
So fast forward to this evening, 1 blood draw, 2 additional vaccinations, 2 fingerpricks, 3 prescriptions and $806.00 later...I find my car says it's overheating on my way home *cue scream* I was so over all of this by now. I had to bring my car BACK into the shop because apparently the thermometer was bad and needed to be replaced. Ok, whatever. At least this one only cost me $115.00. So much for wanting to invest money in our company's upcoming IPO. Hahaha.
I've had a rough couple of days. Expect some pictures and an actual Carson update tomorrow. Sneak Preview: He's so cute, so fun and perfect like usual! Talk to you all soon, and I'll leave you with a picture of my arm. The top part looks less red, but it used to look like the rest. You can see all the pen marks from my 7,000 doctors visits in the last few days! :) Plus, I get to go back tomorrow! Squeeeeee!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! Sounds like you have had a rough couple of days. Hope you are feeling better soon and you wont be hearing the "Cha Ching," anymore.
My poor baby girl! You sounded awesome this morning. I'm praying you're done with bad luck for a long time!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment