Dave and I had a great weekend. We were in Iowa for an awards conference for the Navy recruiters in his District. It was a good time. I didn't work on Friday and we got on the road around 1:00ish after dropping Carson off with my parents. We got to the hotel at around 3:30-4:00ish. After we had checked in and had a quick gathering with all who were there, we were off for the night. I had a blast. I met a ton of people that Dave works with and all of their wives. Most were in the same boat we were, leaving their baby for the weekend for the first time. It was nice that everyone was kind of in the same situation.
We had a lot to do on Saturday. Dave had some trainings to attend and there were things for the wives to attend. So we didn't see much of each other until the awards and banquet on Saturday night. It was pretty low-key since most people were partied-out from the night before. After the dinner, we just went back to our room and watched some hockey and then a movie...we ordered pizza kind of late and then went to bed. We peeked out at the bar to make sure we weren't being un-social but nobody was out and about either. Everyone was laying low. Sunday morning we left around 8:00 and got back to pick Carson up from my parents around 11:30. We missed him!
Carson got two more teeth this weekend while we were gone. He only had one night of bad sleep so that was good for my parents. I would've felt terrible if he were a crabby baby all weekend. But only Friday night. He has 6 teeth now, 4 on top and 2 on the bottom. The two front teeth on top have such a big gap between them right now, it's super cute!
I know some of you know Bethany, she got a job at my company. They offered it to her on Friday. She starts on the 19th. She's super excited. It's a long, LONG back-story but her and I have quite a bit of history. Some of it is not-so-great. I've really moved past it all and I just hope that things remain good while she's working here. Bonus for me, I get a $1,500.00 referral bonus if she's here for 90 days. Dang, I could use that for sure! Well, I should get back to work, after having Friday off I'm plenty busy but just can't focus today. Hopefully I'll be feeling better by tomorrow.
Before I go, here's a picture from 10/28 at my parents. I just like the way it turned out.
1 comment:
Amie, I think Carson gave us the cold as I too have one. Hopefully it's short lived. Love to all!
Mom
Post a Comment