February 8, 2009

I love 2 years old

I'm not going to apologize for being away...I do that a lot and it doesn't seem to help. Haha, but I have been away for a while again. Sometimes after sitting in front of a computer all day long makes you not want to sit in front of it when you get home. But, luckily? for you guys...un-luckily for me I no longer sit in front of a computer all day long. As most of you know I was laid off from my job a few weeks ago so I should have plenty of time not only to take pictures of Carson but to share them with you all...Although, my updates might be slightly boring now that I have nothing to do with my days! :)

Carson told me to 'shut up' last night. He hears us tell the dogs to shut up so I'm sure he's heard it and also knows what it means. It was so hard not to crack up. Not sure how to handle that one yet. Since I wrote last we've been through both strep throat and pink eye. Good times, fun stuff. Strep was way worse I think because he had the fever and the feeling icky. Pink eye was just nasty eyes and no fun drops.

We also have started swimming lessons at the YMCA near us. Carson loves being in the water but I'm not sure how I feel about the lessons yet. They are really a just get your child comfortable in the water type thing. Carson loves the water and doesn't seem to be afraid at all. But, he does not have the tolerance for the instruction. He just wants to play and blow bubbles. I think we might hold off on the next round until he's a bit older and just take him to play in the water instead of actual lessons.

Back at Christmas time, my friend and I went shopping at the Mall of America, because of the amount of money we spent then (too much) we got a certificate for 2 unlimited ride wristbands at the new Nickelodeon Universe (my head still thinks Camp Snoopy by the way) anyway they expire in March so we took the kids there today to ride on the rides and hang out. Carson had a BLAST. There were a few rides that I looked at that I said 50/50 shot of him crying, he didn't even come close once. Every ride he said 'wheeeeeeee' and once it stopped, he said 'AGAIN!'. I'm glad he enjoyed it. But, because he is still too short, every ride required a chaperone and after about 5 rides I had enough of the going in circles. We took a lunch break and went to Build-a-Bear after. We had a great day and despite the fact that Carson is cutting his molars he was in a great mood and behaved the whole day!

Dave is out of town for work until Wednesday night so now I am home all day, home all night by myself. I think these days will probably drag by without a job to keep me occupied. Love you all and talk to you soon! I'll leave you with a few pictures of today's adventures!

2 comments:

Miss Jess said...

Cute pics... can't believe how big Carson is getting!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love that he looks terrified in all of these pictures, even though he loved them!!