The thing we discovered after exchanging charts and reviewing our own scores is that what made a "good husband" in 1939 are things that would still be valid and appropriate today. For instance Dave got merits for
things like:
- Being a steady worker/good provider
- Remembering birthdays
- Making guests feel welcome
Dave got demerits for things like:
- Snoring (HAHA!)
- Not shaving on Sundays
Now, I on the other hand got merits for things like:
- Being a neat housekeeper
- Letting the husband sleep late on Sundays or HolidaysB
- Being faithful
And demerits for things like:
- Wearing pajamas while cooking
- Wearing pajamas instead of a nightgown
- Walking around in stocking feet in the house
- Talking too long on the phone

So, we thought it was pretty entertaining and good for a laugh!
It's nice that Dave is back from Chicago. It was good to have my sister out here but it's always nice to have him back home. We have recently started to try and utilize our Netflix account a little bit more than we have in the past few months. Before we had Carson we watched movies ALL the time and just haven't been renting them from there as often. But hopefully we'll start getting our uses out of it!
Carson has his 18 month check up on Friday. I can't believe he's just getting so big so fast! I'll make sure and update pictures of him soon!
2 comments:
Hilarious! I wonder what my score would be for being single at 26? Back in those days if you weren't married with 4 kids by the time you were 25 there was something wrong with you.
Oh god - that is too funny!! Maybe I'll make Jeremy fill it out for Fathers day to make him feel good about himself. :)
Post a Comment