We finally decided on a name for the new puppy. She will be Holly. I think it's a nice compromise since I was loving Polly. Holly works just perfectly! I think we'll be bringing her home on the 8th of February...that weekend anyways. I was hoping for next weekend but it sounds like the puppies are still nursing some and you want them to be fully weaned before you take them home. So we can wait. We have all the necessary puppy supplies at home now. I bought a grooming kit with clippers and a "how-to" DVD. I want to start clipping her myself right away so she's accustomed to it. I really don't want to have to pay for haircuts...so if we can avoid that cost, that would be so nice!
I haven't had much time to have my camera out lately. I really need to focus on that. It's so hard because I really can only take pictures of Carson and he's so GO GO GO all the time that it's hard to catch any good pictures lately. I guess it's really good practice for me and all but I just haven't had much time lately.
Carson is pretty much walking now. He still can't get to standing without pulling up on something so he does crawl a lot but if he can walk, he will. My mom and sister were out visiting for a bit last night and he was showing off for them. He really is a little ham. He knows that walking is a big deal and he's so proud of himself and so excited to show people. It's so neat! He's still going to bed around 7:00PM and waking up at 7:30ish in the morning. On the weekends if nobody else is up, he'll sleep until 8:00 or 8:30 sometimes. It's so fantastic to have such a great sleeper. I totally give credit to routine. I feel so lame sometimes telling people that we can't stay out late or not coming to things because we'd keep him out past his bedtime...but I think that's a big part of the reason he's such a good sleeper. We do keep him out every once in a while but that's definitely the exception to the rule!
We had our friends Erica and Brent over on Saturday night with their little daughter Gabs. We had enchiladas for dinner and I made some super yummy chip dip. It was one of those addictive type dips that once you started eating it, you couldn't stop. I plan to make it when we go over to my parents for the Superbowl! YUM! That way I can eat it again but I don't have it sitting in my fridge tempting me! Haha!
Work has been so incredibly busy. I haven't had much time to write. But, today is one of those Mondays that I can't throw myself into work quite yet. But I do need to get going. Talk to you all soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment