January 2, 2008

Back and Better Than Ever!

I've been avoiding the computer as much as possible lately! But I'm back at work now, so no more avoiding! I've had a ton of time off the last 2 weeks (thank goodness this is a short week) and it's hard to get back into the swing of work today! I had two 4 day weekends in a row!! LOVE the holidays! Carson was home from daycare for 12 days and I guess it sounds like he had a tough time this morning...he cried when Dave left. He's been spoiled being home! It's just been a blast too...we didn't have any plans to leave the house at all this last weekend and we spent all of it inside enjoying our time together.

Christmas was GREAT! Carson got so incredibly spoiled! He sure has great family! I don't think I need to buy him clothes until he's 2!! Haha! We've got lots of new books and toys and he's just had a blast playing with everything.

New Years we invited over our friends Kate and Erik and our other friends Erica and Brent. We had two 3month old babies, a 4 year old and Carson...we sure had a house-full but it was fun! We ate chicken wings and the boys played video games and the girls talked about kids. Haha. Being that we all have kids, by 12:15 people were packing up to go home! New Years is sure a different experience when you're a parent to a young child. Pretty un-eventful but a blast anyways!

Jessica and I got the chance to re-connect with some old friends last weekend. WOW! It was so fun. They are 2 kids that we went to daycare with when we were younger and they were like brothers to us. It's amazing to reconnect with people like that, it's not awkward at all. I guess when you're that close with people even at a young age you retain that connection. Besides growing up, they hadn't changed a bit. It's comforting that people keep such key pieces of their personalities with them as they grow. We're hoping that we'll get to see them again in the summer...maybe to do a picnic and invite our moms. I don't think they've seen each other in years either! I'm looking forward to it!

Well I've got to get back to doing some work. I've got a lot to catch up on! I promise I'll get back to updating regularly as well! Happy New Year!

No comments: