May 20, 2009

No More Naps?

Carson has been rebelling against naps. What has once been my reprieve during the day, time to get a few things done is being taken away from me. At first the naps went from 2 hours to an hour and a half and down to a little over an hour and now they're being resisted all together. At least most days they are. There is an occasional day that he still naps but that seems the exception rather than the norm now. In fact, check out these pictures from today. I went into his room during "nap time" to see what all the commotion was to find this mess. I guess that's the downfall of a big-boy bed. He hasn't ever gotten up before recently and now he's taking full advantage of the fact that he can!

The days are seeming to move slow and I'm counting down the days until the pools open up and we can get out of the house and go swimming or to the Y and use the splash pad. Carson asks to go swimming often and I don't love swimming at the Y because the water is so shallow that I get soooo cold sitting in the shallow end with Carson. It will nice to be able to be outside in the sun while in the shallow water. I imagine that will help keep me warm.

Carson and I walked in the March of Dimes walk on the 9th. My high school best friend had 2 preemies so it's a cause that I feel strongly about. It was a cool day but no rain and it was perfect for walking. I walked with a good friend of mine and her 2 year old. I was surprised at how many people there were.

Carson also had his first experience jumping in a 'bounce-house' he had a birthday party to go to. It was really too bad that it was a cold/rainy day. They didn't get nearly the use out of the bounce house that they could have. We had to practically drag him kicking and screaming out of there but it was so cold and it was raining so it was wet inside there. He absolutely loved it though. It makes me wish he had a summer birthday so we could have a reason to rent one. Well, in Hawaii he'll have a 'summer' birthday so I'm sure we can work that out! :)

Dave mentioned that won't have details on our actual move date until sometime in October. I know that sounds far away now but the summer is going to fly by. I'm already looking forward to the State Fair. It's nice to be home this summer and I can go with Carson during the week instead of having to go on the weekend. It's always packed but so much more so on the weekends. My girlfriend Kate already has requested her State Fair days off work so we'll take the kids and eat as much food as possible since that is always the goal of the State Fair!Well I'll leave you with a few of the bounce-house pictures and I'll be back to update you all again soon!

1 comment:

Miss Jess said...

I wish I could take daily naps. He doesn't realize what he is giving up.

October will be here before you know it.