February 11, 2008

Bits

Dang, I was just getting used to the 20 degree weather...now we're back to freezing our hinders off. I'm officially done with winter. I hate bundling up, I hate bundling Carson up. I would LOVE to be able to get him outside and go to the park and let him run around...but we can't. It is far too cold. Spring, come on in any time you'd like. I'm ready.

Well, we got our puppy this weekend. As we hung out on Saturday...we realized that Holly just wasn't right. So we changed her name. She's now Bits. Haha. It works, it really does. I can't believe how well behaved she is. The pugs were SO hyper and high-strung ALL the time. She's perfectly content with being on her own. When Carson was napping and Dave and I were just hanging out, she'd just go lay in her kennel and nap. It's kind of nice! We kept her kenneled both Saturday and Sunday night and we didn't hear a peep out of her. FANTASTIC! It's great for training and great for sleeping. Haha!

Bits and Carson are totally BFF now. If he cries, she gets all upset. If she starts barking/whining, he gets all upset. She follows him around everywhere and if he's sitting on the ground or crawling he'll put his head down to the floor so she can come give him kisses. She's still a little nippy/bitey with him, but I don't think she's hurt him at all. He'll make a goofy face if she starts biting his fingers at all. It's just that puppy chew/bite thing so not mean at all, just playful. He totally gets how to push her out of the way if needed and he also understands that if he gets up and starts walking, she can't get in his face.

Carson is just a walking-maniac these days! At home, for the most part he walks everywhere. He's getting the hang of bending over and picking things up without having to hold on to anything. It doesn't work all the time but he's getting it! He also learned the word "puppy" this weekend. Haha.

Well I'll leave you with some pictures. I'll update again soon